You may have noticed that when you make changes to your Account Settings or edit certain Inventory Items those changes do not automatically update Existing Orders. Since specific changes can drastically alter an Order, we have created a few safeguards to make sure Existing Orders do not update automatically.
Some changes you make within your RW Account will merely require you to refresh Existing Orders by clicking EDIT & SAVE. Others will require you to EDIT Existing Orders MANUALLY.
Changes that require an EDIT & SAVE:
- Navigate to the pertinent Order you need to update.
- Click the green “Edit Order” button.
- Click the green “Save Order” button.
This refreshes the Order with the changes, and when you generate your PDFs, they will now reflect the update. Follow these steps for each individual Order that needs to be updated.
Changes that require a MANUAL EDIT:
Specific changes you make to Account Settings or within Items will not update Existing Orders if you follow the above EDIT & SAVE steps. These types of changes will require you to go into any Existing Orders and make MANUAL EDITS.
ACCOUNT SETTINGS CHANGES
When making changes to specific Account Settings, you will need to refresh or manually edit Existing Orders to reflect any changes.
Company Information: EDIT & SAVE
- Anytime you make a change to your Company Information, whether that is your Logo, Address, Phone number, etc., you will need to click Edit & Save to all Existing Orders for the changes to update.
Order Settings: MANUAL EDIT
- Proposal Expiration: When the default Proposal Expiration date is changed within your Account settings, it will only impact new Orders. You will need to Manually Edit any Existing Proposals to reflect a new Expiration Date.
- Balance Due Date: If you change the default Balance Due Date within your Account settings, it will only impact new Orders.
- You will have to Manually Edit any Existing Orders that you wish to have an updated Due Date. Within the Order, navigate to the Payments tab and select “Update Payment Options.” Type in the new Final Balance Due Date & click the blue “Save” button.
Rental Settings: MANUAL EDIT
- Any changes to the Multiplier settings will not update Existing Orders through merely Edit & Save. If you want to change the Multiplier on an Existing Order, you will need to Manually Edit the Multiplier within the Details tab for the entire Order.
Payment Settings: EDIT & SAVE
- Sales Tax: When changing the Sales Tax Rate, any Orders that you Edit & Save after the change (that have an Event Date after the date you made the Sales Tax Rate change) will update to the new Sales Tax Rate. Orders that have not been refreshed will maintain the old Sales Tax Rate. Orders that occurred before you made the Sales Tax Rate change will maintain the old Sales Tax Rate even if you Edit & Save them.
***The exception is for Orders that contain a specific “Tax Item” to determine the Sales Tax Rate for that Order.
- Required Deposit: When changing the Required Deposit Amount, any Orders that you Edit & Save after the change (that have an Event Date after the date you made the Required Deposit change) will update to the new Required Deposit. Orders that have not been refreshed will maintain the old Required Deposit. Orders that occurred before you made the Required Deposit change will retain the old Required Deposit even if you Edit & Save them.
Terms & Conditions: EDIT & SAVE
- Any changes made to Order Terms, Wishlist Terms or Delivery Ticket Text will only be reflected within Existing Order PDFs generated after you click Edit & Save to any pertinent Orders.
- After you update your Order Terms, any existing Orders that you Edit & Save will get a pop-up asking if you’d like to update to the new Terms. See more on Updating Terms & Conditions.
Email Templates: EDIT & SAVE
- Any changes made within Email Templates will automatically update themselves! You do not have to Edit & Save or Manually Edit the Order for these changes to reflect.
When editing Items through the Items icon in the upper left corner of your browser, some of the changes you make will require Edit & Saving or Manually Editing any Existing Orders.
Editing Item Name: EDIT & SAVE
- If the Name of Item is updated within the Item Detail, it will update automatically on existing Orders. You’ll need to simply regenerate specific Order PDFs to access the updated version.
Editing Images: EDIT & SAVE
- When adding or removing a photo to an Item, you will need to click Edit & Save on Existing Orders with the Item to update the photo. Order PDFs will not refresh with the Image change until you select Edit & Save on the Order.
Editing Rental Price: MANUAL EDIT
- If the Rental Price of an Item is changed, the changes will not reflect on Existing Orders even after refreshing through Edit & Save. Within the Line Items tab of the Order, either remove the item from the Order and re-add it or manually change the Unit Price of the Item within the Order.
Changing Dimensions: EDIT & SAVE
- Any changes to Dimensions of an Item will update on any Existing Orders that you refresh through clicking Edit & Save.
NEW ORDERS AFTER CHANGES
Any Orders created after you make changes to your Settings or Items will automatically reflect the changes.
CHANGES WITHIN AN ORDER– don’t forget to EDIT & SAVE!
Whenever you make changes to an Order (i.e., edit a contact, change the multiplier, change line items), always remember to hit the green “Save Order” button when you are finished. Order PDFs will generate the last Saved version.