Within RW Elephant, we want you to have the flexibility to contact your clients however works best for your rental business. Some of our Users prefer to save all of their Order PDFs to their computers or a shared folder like Dropbox. That gives them the ability to access all of their Orders even when they can't get online.
Then they simply create an email to their clients, attach the PDF and send it on over.
Other RWers prefer to send their clients a link to the PDF via RW Elephant's One-Click Email button.
To use this, you'll need to set up your Email Template first.
Navigate to the “Account” icon in the upper right corner of your browser window.
In the left column, select “Email Templates.”
Choose the “Payment Link” tab.
The Email Subject and Body of the Email will be filled in with sample default text. Feel free to change this however you'd like.
Keep in mind that you can use Reference Tags that include details specific to a particular Order. For instance, ##PAYMENT_DUE_DATE## will automatically include the Payment Due Date for the order in the body of the email.
Here is a list of Reference Tags you can use in the Subject Line or Body of the Email:
- Company Name ##COMPANY_NAME##
- Event Date ##EVENT_DATE##
- Invoice Number ##DISPLAY_INVOICE_ID##
- Client (First & Last) ##CLIENT##
- Client First Name ##CLIENT_FIRST##
- Client Last Name ##CLIENT_LAST##
- Invoice Total ##INVOICE_TOTAL##
- Deposit Amount Due ##DEPOSIT_DUE##
- Remaining Balance Due ##BALANCE##
- Payment Due Date ##PAYMENT_DUE_DATE##
- Balance Due Date ##BALANCE_DUE_DATE##
- Link to Invoice PDF ##PDF_LINK##
- Link to Online Payment Page* ##PAYMENT_LINK##
*This Reference Tag is only relevant to users who have enabled Credit Card Processing within RW Elephant.
Once you've edited, typed, or pasted the email you want in the “Payment Link” tab, click the green “Save” button.
Now head on back to your Order by clicking on the “Order” icon in the upper left corner of your browser window.
Select your order form the left column.
If you need to make any changes do that now. Otherwise, jump on over to the “Payments” tab on your Order.
In the middle of the bottom of your browser window, click on the “Create Email” button.
If you've already set up your web browser to use your preferred email client, your email should open in your email client.
If you haven't set up your web browser to open mailto links in your preferred email client, go ahead and do that now.
Here are some sites to help you do just that:
- Set the default email app on Mac
- Change the program used to open email links in Firefox
- Make Gmail Your Default Email Client In Chrome, Safari, and Firefox
- How to make webmail your default email in Chrome, Firefox, and Opera
Once your email is open and populated with the text from your freshly-set-up template, you'll be able to edit the email or click “Send” right away.
Please note that the PDF Link provided through the Reference Tag will always show the most up-to-date version of the Order so the Client can return to that link anytime they want to see the current Order.
Now that you've learned how to send the Proposal to your Client, let's talk about what happens next: Confirming an Order. Yippe Skippee!