You may want to use the Kits feature to create groups of items that go together in your tent packages, for a set of dinnerware, or with an item that can be skinned in different colors.
Here is another example of a Kit:
2 Babar Chairs + 1 Nono Couch = Sophisticate Lounge Set
To create a kit, click on the “Items” icon in the upper left corner of your browser window.
In the left column select the category in which you’d like to create this kit.
In the items column click the funky looking asterisk (our Kit symbol). It’s to the right of the (-) button.
You’ll see a “New Inventory Kit” item appear. Select it.
From here you’ll click the green “Edit Item” button.
Enter the name for the Kit.
Click on the “Kit Items” tab.
From here you can drag and drop any items you want into the kit.
Be sure to double-click on the quantity of each Inventory Item and type the correct number you want included in the Kit.
At the bottom of the list you’ll see a tick box that says “Add Item Prices to determine Kit Rental price”. If you click this the Rental Price for the kit will automatically be equal to the sum of all of the Items in the Kit.
However, if you want to offer the kit at a different price than the sum of the parts, don’t tick the box and enter your own Rental Price on the “Details” tab.
The Kit’s price can be changed manually on an order by order basis.
Be sure to check the boxes in the bottom right corner for “Item is Taxable”, and if you wish, “Display in Public Gallery” box.
To add images to your kit, navigate to the “Images” tab. Here you can Drag and Drop photos to display your items when they are set up as a kit.
Click the green “Save Item” button.
A great part of this feature is that when you drag and drop this kit onto your order’s line items it will automatically deduct the individual items in the Kit from your overall quantity of that item. Likewise if you don’t have enough of an item to complete the Kit it will not let you add the Kit to the order.
Yay for no double bookings!
Fun (& Important) Facts about Kits:
- A Kit’s Rental Price can be automatically calculated based on the individual prices of the Items or set manually.
- Kit Prices can be changed on an Order-by-Order basis.
- Kits can be duplicated just like Items. Then you can modify them as needed.
- Once a Kit is on an Order, the Kit CANNOT BE EDITED. If you need the Kit to be different, you’ll need to create a new Kit. Duplicating (see last point) will help make this easy.
- You’ll notice that Kits display in different formats on Invoice PDFs (shown as a single Item), Pull Ticket PDFs (separated into individual Items, organized by Category), and Delivery Ticket PDFs (shown as a group AND then broken down into individual Items).
In addition to groups of Items like lounges or themed props, Kits are also a great way to manage Items with lots of parts & pieces like a table with removable legs.
Also see our Rental Unit vs. Set vs. Kit Tutorial for more insight about when to use Kits for your Items.